Gas Siphoning and Px Drug Theft
The following information was submitted by the Salem Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is an excerpt from the Salem Police Department's log:
Saturday, March 9:
- At 4:02 p.m., a Lafayette Street woman entered the police station to report that her boyfriend had just stolen jewelry from her apartment and left the area in her car.
- At 9:20 p.m., police responded to a report of a large pothole at the intersection of Traders Way and Highland Avenue.
- At 9:40 p.m., police responded to a dispute on Bridge Street.
Sunday, March 10:
- At 12:17 a.m., police responded to a report of an unruly customer at Murphy's on Derby Street.
- At 6:37 a.m., a woman enetered the police station to report that her uncle was missing. He later contacted the station to report that he was fine and just spending the weekend in Malden.
- At 6:40 a.m., police responded to a domestic dispute on Harris Street. Eddie Rivera, 34, of 168 Broadway St., Chelsea, was arrested on charges of malicious destruction of property valued above $250 and disturbing the peace.
- At 9:12 p.m., a Hancock Street woman called police to report that some of her prescription medication had gone missing.
- At 12:17 p.m., police and fire units responded to a reported dryer fire on Gardner Street.
- At 2:03 p.m., police responded to a report of suspicious activity on Osgood Street. A woman told police that she found the gas door was open to her car and her gas cap was removed and placed on the trunk. Officers determined that someone had tried to siphon their gas.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to Salem Patch.