Five Things to Know: Old Town Hall Touch-Up
Here are the five things you need to know before you start your day in Salem.
Today is Monday, Jan. 28, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. You'll want to be prepared for some snow today. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect snow, mainly after 4 p.m. and a daily high near 34. Tonight should be rainy, with a low around 30. (sunrise, 7:01 a.m.; high tide, 11:50 a.m.; sunset, 4:52 p.m.; low tide, 6:03 p.m.)
2. Although Salem City Council members didn't approve a request for approximately $10,000 to repair the windows and roof of Old Town Hall at their meeting Thursday night, several councilors noted the importance of moving the project along. We will keep you posted about any updates, Click Here for our full story.
3. The Salem Licensing Board will meet tonight at 6 p.m. at 120 Washington St. The meeting is scheduled to begin at 6 p.m. and is expected to feature a discussion regarding an all-alcohol license at Brodie's Seaport.
4. Looking for something fun to do in Salem tonight? In a Pig's Eye on Derby Street will be offering an open mic night. The event is scheduled to begin at 9 p.m., so if you're free, consider stopping by.
5. Today in History: On Jan. 28, 1855, a locomotive on the Panama Railway ran from the Atlantic Ocean to the Pacific Ocean for the first time.
For more things going on in Salem today, check out our events calendar.