Five Things to Know: Free Cookies at Subway
Here are the five things you need to know before you start your day in Salem.
Today is Monday, Feb. 18, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. You'll want to bundle up before leaving the house today. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be sunny with a high near 31. Tonight should be mostly clear, with a low around 23. (sunrise, 6:35 a.m.; low tide, 11:14 a.m.; sunset, 5:19 p.m.; high tide, 5:31 p.m.)
2. Have a sweet tooth? Subway is offering free fresh-baked cookies today. So, if you happen to drive by the Salem location on Canal Street, consider stopping in for a free treat.
3. Wondering what's going to be open and closed in Salem today? You're not the only one - Click Here to view a handy list of local businesses that will be open on President's Day.
4. In case you didn't get the chance to head out to see the Salem So Sweet Chocolate and Ice Sculpture Festival - check out this 60-second time lapse video of workers piecing together an awesome ice tall ship at Pickering Wharf Saturday afternoon.
5. Today in History: On Feb. 18, 1865, Union forces under General William T. Sherman set the South Carolina State House on fire during the burning of Columbia.
For more things going on in Salem today, check out our events calendar.