Five Things to Know: Snow on the Way
Here are the five things you need to know before you start your day in Salem.
Today is Friday, Feb. 22, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It should be another pleasant winter day in Salem. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be sunny, with a high near 36. Tonight should be mostly cloudy, with a low around 28. (sunrise, 6:29 a.m.; high tide, 8:34 a.m.; low tide, 2:51 p.m.; sunset, 5:24 p.m.)
2. The latest weather forecast for this weekend is predicting snow for the North Shore, but it won't be anything like The Blizzard of 2013. Local weather experts are predicting that we can expect to seen between 2 and 6 inches of snow - it just won't fall and stick until Sunday.
3. Looking for a new home in Salem? Thinking about moving to the city? Click Here to take a closer look at 17 Salem homes that will be hosting open houses Sunday - if your home didn't make the list, be sure to add it in the comment section.
4. Looking to take in some live music on the North Shore this weekend? Click Here to check out our round-up of musical acts, including several bands that will be rocking in Salem tonight.
5. Today in History: On Feb. 22, 1924, President Calvin Coolidge became the first President to deliver a radio broadcast from the White House.
For more things going on in Salem today, check out our events calendar.