Five Things to Know: The Future of The Point
Here are the five things you need to know before you start your day in Salem.
Today is Thursday, March 7, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. The weather will switch back and forth today. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect snow before 10 a.m., then rain between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. and then snow after 1 p.m. The daily high should be around 37. Tonight should be snowy, with a low around 30. (sunrise, 6:08 a.m.; high tide, 7:02 a.m.; low tide, 1:40 p.m.; sunset, 5:40 p.m.)
2. There will be a Point Neighborhood Visioning Workshop tonight at the Parish Auditorium of Immaculate Conception Church on Hawthorne Boulevard. The meeting is scheduled to run from 6:30 to 9 p.m. Click Here to take a look at the flyer.
3. The Salem Renewable Energy Task Force will meet tonight on the third floor of the City Hall Annex on Washington Street. The meeting, scheduled to begin at 7 p.m., is expected to feature a discussion regarding several upcoming green energy projects, according to the posted agenda.
4. Looking for a cool way to showcase your art? The City of Salem is calling on all local artists to submit proposals to paint one out of six downtown utility boxes as part of ArtBox 2013. Click Here for all the details.
5. Today in History: On March 7, 1989, Iran and the United Kingdom broke dimplomatic relations after a row over Salman Rushdie and his controversial novel.
For more things going on in Salem today check out our events calendar.