Five Things to Know: Salem Station Meeting Tonight
Here are the five things you need to know before you start your day in Salem.
Today is Wednesday, March 20, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. Finally, a break from all this snow. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be mostly sunny, with a high near 40. Tonight should be cloudy, with a low around 25. (sunrise, 6:46 a.m.; low tide, 1:00 p.m.; sunset, 6:55 p.m.; high tide, 7:07 p.m.;
2. If you're interested in the downtown MBTA project, you'll want to attend the MBTA Salem Station Improvements & Parking Garage Public Meeting tonight. The meeting is scheduled to begin at 6:30 p.m. at Carlton Elementary School, according to the posted agenda. We will have a full story Thursday morning.
3. Today is the vernal equinox 2013, which marks the official start of spring. So forget about all this snow and start thinking about sunshine. Spring has officially sprung.
4. In the market for a new condo in Salem? If you don't know where to start, Click Here and take a closer look at seven local condos that recently reduced their asking price.
5. Today in History: On March 20, 1760, Boston's 'Great Fire' engulfs the city, 349 buildings are destroyed before it is extinguished.
For more things going on in Salem today, check out our events calendar.