Five Things to Know: Snow in the Forecast
Here are the five things you need to know before you start your day in Salem.
Today is Monday, March 18, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. Whether we like it or not, there's snow in the forecast for Salem. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be sunny, with a high near 35. Tonight will bring between two and four inches of snow, and a low near 29. (sunrise, 6:49 a.m.; low tide, 11:07 a.m.; high tide, 5:12 p.m.; sunset, 6:53 p.m.)
2. We recently received letters to the editor from two Salem residents who have pulled papers for seats on the Salem City Council. They are Heather Famico and David Eppley. Click on their names to read the full stories.
3. The Salem City Council Committee on Ordinances, Licenses and Legal Affairs will meet tonight at City Hall on Washington Street. The meeting is scheduled to begin at 6:30 p.m., according to the posted agenda.
4. The Salem Recycling Committee had their hands full Saturday morning when their eighth Book Swap at the Senior Center on Broad Street drew a crowd of area residents. Click Here to watch a video shot at the semi-annual event.
5. Today in History: On March 18, 1989, a 4,400-year-old mummy was discovered near the Pyramid of Cheops in Egypt.
For more things going on in Salem today, check out our events calendar.