Five Things to Know: Salem Sailor Rescued
Here are the five things you need to know before you start your day in Salem.
Today is Thursday, March 14, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It will be a chilly day in Salem. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be mostly cloudy, with a high near 39. Tonight should be mostly cloudy, with a low around 20. (sunrise, 6:56 a.m.; low tide, 8:05 a.m.; high tide, 2:09 p.m.; sunset, 6:48 p.m.)
2. A man rescued from the waters off of Salem Wednesday morning was rushed to the hospital to be treated for hypothermia. At 10:15 a.m., Salem Harbormaster Bill McHugh said emergency responders received a mayday report from a man whose 10-foot sailboat had capsized off of "The Haste" near Misery Island. Click Here for our full story.
3. The Salem City Council will meet tonight at City Hall on Washington Street. The meeting, scheduled to begin at 7 p.m., is expected to feature a vote regarding a proposed senior center at the intersection of Boston and Bridge streets, according to the posted agenda.
4. Wondering what sold in Salem recently? Are you thinking about moving or just wondering how much that house you drive by all the time sold for? Click Here for a closer look at 10 homes that recently sold in Salem.
5. Today in History: On March 14, 1967, the body of President John F. Kennedy was moved to a permanent burial place at Arlington National Cemetery.
For more things going on in Salem today, check out our events calendar.