Five Things to Know: Fresh Art at Gulu-Gulu
Here are the five things you need to know before you start your day in Salem.
Today is Wednesday, March 13, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. That snow on the side of the road won't stand a chance today. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be sunny, with a high near 52. Tonight should be mostly cloudy, with a low around 32. (sunrise, 6:58 a.m.; low tide, 7:22 a.m.; high tide, 1:26 p.m.; sunset, 6:47 p.m.)
2. Love local art? The Gulu-Gulu Cafe will host an opening reception for artist Denise Theriault-Ashlaw tomorrow night beginning at 7 p.m. Visitors will "enjoy the sounds of soul, reggae, punk, and ska to warm your spirits." Music will be spun by DJ Panda. Click Here for all the details.
3. The Salem City Council Committee of the Whole will meet tonight at the Council on Aging on Broad Street. The meeting, scheduled to begin at 6:30 p.m., is expected to feature a discussion regarding the proposed Senior Center, according to the posted agenda. Click Here for our full story.
4. In the market for a new home in Salem? Today we've posted a closer look at 10 homes that are currently up for sale in Salem that recently reduced their listing prices. Click Here for all the details.
5. Today in History: On March 13, 1991, the Department of Justice announced that Exxon agreed to pay $1 billion for the clean-up of the Exxon Valdez oil spill in Alaska.
For more things going on in Salem today, check out our events calendar.