Five Things to Know: Celia's Opens This Week
Here are the five things you need to know before you start your day in Salem.
Today is Tuesday, March 12, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. You'll want to be prepared for some wet weather today. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect showers, mainly after 3 p.m. Patchy fog. The daily high will be near 54. Tonight will be cloudy, with a low around 38. (sunrise, 7:00 a.m.; high tide, 12:42 p.m.; sunset, 6:46 p.m.; low tide, 6:59 p.m.)
2. Celia's Restaurant is expected to open for business on Congress Street Thursday, a representative of the restaurant said Monday afternoon. The business was awarded a common victualler's license at a Licensing Board meeting earlier this month.
3. There will be a Public Art Master Plan Public Meeting tonight at the Salem Five Community Room. The meeting, scheduled to begin at 6 p.m., is expected to feature a discussion regarding the future of public art in Salem, according to the flyer.
4. Salem High School's WitchPitch? A Cappella group will travel to the Big Apple next month to participate in an international competition against other ensembles. Click Here to check out a video from Tuesday's rehearsal.
5. Today in History: On March 12, 2009, Financier Bernie Madoff plead guilty in New York to scamming $18 billion, the largest in Wall Street history.
For more things going on in Salem today, check out our events calendar.