Five Things to Know: Witch Pitch Finals-Bound
Here are the five things you need to know before you start your day in Salem.
Today is Monday, March 11, 2013, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It should be a pleasant day in Salem. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be partly sunny, with a high near 47. Tonight should be mostly cloudy, with a low around 37. (sunrise, 7:01 a.m.; high tide, 11:56 a.m.; low tide, 6:16 p.m.; sunset, 6:45 p.m.)
2. The School Committee will meet tonight at Collins Middle School. The meeting is scheduled to begin at 7 p.m. and will feature a motion regarding a plan to have Salem High School's a capella group 'Witch Pitch' travel to New york City to participate in the finals of the 2012 International Championship of High School A Cappella.
3. The Salem Licensing Board will meet tonight in the third-floor meeting room of the City Hall Annex on Washington Street. The meeting, scheduled to begin at 6 p.m., is expected to feature a discussion regarding alleged violations at Brisas del Caribe, according to the posted agenda. Click Here for our full story.
4. In the market for a new house in Salem? Click Here for a closer look at 20 homes that were added to the local real estate market in the last seven days.
5. Today in History: On March 11, 1888, The Great Blizzard of 1888 began along the eastern seaboard of the United States. The storm shut down commerce and killed more than 400 people.
For more things going on in Salem today, check out our events calendar.