Five Things to Know: Witches vs. Fishermen
Here are the five things you need to know before you start your day in Salem.
Today is Tuesday, Jan. 29, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. Be prepared for a slippery commute this morning. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect snow showers, freezing rain, and sleet before 11 a.m. Otherwise it will be cloudy, with a high near 34. Tonight should be cloudy, with a temperature rising to around 41. (sunrise, 7:00 a.m.; high tide, 12:29 p.m.; sunset, 4:53 p.m.; low tide, 6:42 p.m.)
2. At their meeting Monday night, the Salem Licensing Board unanimously approved a request from the owner of Brodie's Seaport for a seasonal all-alcohol license. Check back tomorrow morning for a virtual tour around this new Derby Street business.
3. Salem High School's boys' varsity basketball team will host the Gloucester Fishermen tonight at the high school. The game is scheduled to begin at 7 p.m., so if you're free, consider stopping by to cheer them on!
4. Do you drive an electric vehicle? If you do, you now have two new places where you can go to charge up in downtown Salem. On Monday, the city of Salem announced the completion of the installation of eight electric vehicle charging stations in the Museum Place and South Harbor parking garages. Click Here for our full story.
5. Today in History: On Jan. 29, 1861, Kansas was admitted as the 34th US state.
For more things going on in Salem today, check out our events calendar.