Five Things to Know: Shining City Premiere
Here are the five things you need to know before you start your day in Salem.
Today is Thursday, Jan. 24, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It will be another freezing day in Salem, so be sure to bundle up before you leave the house. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be sunny, with a high near 20. Tonight should be mostly clear, with a low around 6. (sunrise, 7:04 a.m.; high tide, 9:08 a.m.; low tide, 3:27 p.m.; sunset, 4:47 p.m.)
2. Salem Theatre Company's third Main Stage production of Season Ten is Conor McPherson’s Shining City, set in Dublin where John, a guilt-ridden man (played by Stephen Cooper of Marblehead) reaches out to a therapist after seeing the ghost of his recently deceased wife. Click Here for all the details.
3. Salem's City Council will meet tonight in City Council Chambers at City Hall. The meeting, scheduled to begin at 7 p.m., is expected to feature a discussion regarding renovations to Old Town Hall and Salem's rat removal funding, according to the posted agenda.
4. Have you stopped by the Jean Louis Pasta Shop on Derby Street since it opened? If you haven't had the chance to pop by, Click Here for a virtual tour around this new Salem business, owned by Jean Louis Faber.
5. Today in History: On Jan. 24, 2003, The US Department of Homeland Security officially began operating.
For more things going on in Salem today, check out our events calendar.