Five Things to Know: Salem Scottish Country Dancers
Here are the five things you need to know before you start your day in Salem.
Today is Thursday, Feb. 7, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It should be a pleasant winter day in Salem. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be mostly sunny, with a high near 35. Tonight should be mostly cloudy, with a low around 31. (sunrise, 6:50 a.m.; high tide, 8:02 a.m.; low tide, 2:27 p.m.; sunset, 5:05 p.m.)
2. The First Universalist Society of Salem will host a free Salem Scottish Country Dancers class for beginners tonight starting at 7:30 p.m. For more information, visit the organization's website or call MaryEllen Scannell at 978-745-2229.
3. The Planning Board will meet tonight at 120 Washington St. The meeting is scheduled to begin in a third-floor meeting room at 7 p.m., according to the posted agenda.
4. The Salem Experience Show will air this afternoon on Salem Access Television. The 30-minute show, which will feature early Salem life, the witchery period, commercial sailing customs and paranormal activity, is set to begin at 1:30 p.m.
5. Today in History: On Feb. 7, 1940, the second full-length animated Walt Disney film, Pinocchio, premiered.
For more things going on in Salem today, check out our events calendar.