Five Things to Know: Salem Power Meeting Today
Here are the five things you need to know before you start your day in Salem.
Today is Wednesday, Feb. 6, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It will be another chilly day in Salem. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be mostly cloudy, with a high near 34. Tonight should be mostly clear, with a low around 23. (sunrise, 6:53 a.m.; low tide, 11:19 a.m.; sunset, 5:01 p.m.; high tide, 5:31 p.m.)
2. The North Shore Chamber of Commerce will host an Executive Breakfast Forum this morning at the DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore Hotel on Ferncroft Road in Danvers. Attendees will learn more about Footprint Power's plans to reconstruct and operate a natural gas-fired power plant at the Salem Harbor Station Site. Check back with Salem Patch tomorrow morning for our full story.
3. The Salem Historical Commission will meet tonight at 120 Washington St. The meeting, scheduled to begin at 7p.m., is expected to feature an update regarding the upcoming fence project at Salem Common, according to the posted agenda.
4. Salem High School's boys' varsity hockey team will host Revere tonight at the rink at Salem State University. The puck is scheduled to drop at 6:30 p.m., so if you're free, consider stopping by to cheer them on!
5. Today in History: On Feb. 6, 1978, The Blizzard of '78 hit New England, with sustained winds of 65 mph and snowfall of 4" an hour.
For more things going on in Salem today, check out our events calendar.