Five Things to Know: Power Plant Meeting Tonight
Here are the five things you need to know before you start your day in Salem.
Today is Tuesday, Feb. 26, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It should be another pleasant day in Salem. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be partly sunny, with a high near 42. Tonight should be mostly cloudy, with a low around 33. (sunrise, 6:23 a.m.; high tide, 11:25 a.m.; sunset, 5:29 p.m.; low tide, 5:34 p.m.)
2. The city of Salem will host a public meeting tonight at 6:30 p.m. at Bentley Elementary School on Memorial Drive to review Footprint Energy's proposal to remediate and demolish the existing coal-fired electric generation facility and construct a new natural gas facility at 24 Fort Ave.
3. Salem High School's boys' varsity basketball team will play their first playoff game tonight against Winchester. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m., so if you're free - consider stopping by to cheer them on! Click Here for everything you'll want to know about SHS playoff brackets.
4. At their meeting Monday night, the Salem Licensing Board unanimously awarded a Common Victualler's license to Francisco Delgado owner of Celia's Restaurant on Congress Street. Click Here for all the details.
5. Today in History: On Feb. 26, 1993, a truck bomb parked below the North Tower of the World Trade Center exploded, killing six and injuring more than 1,000.
For more things going on in Salem today, check out our events calendar.