Five Things to Know: SHS Playoff Brackets
Here are the five things you need to know before you start your day in Salem.
Today is Monday, Feb. 25, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It doesn't look like the snow that fell over the weekend will last very long. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be mostly sunny, with a high near 37. Tonight should be mostly clear, with a low around 27. (sunrise, 6:24 a.m.; high tide, 10:45 a.m.; low tide, 4:54 p.m.; sunset, 5:28 p.m.)
2. The MIAA high school playoff brackets were released over the weekend. Click Here for everything you need to know about the Salem High School athletic teams that are still in the running for the state championship.
3. The Salem Licensing Board will meet tonight at the City Hall Annex on Washington Street. The meeting is scheduled to begin at 6 p.m. at 120 Washington St.
4. Local fire crews knocked down a fire Sunday night that broke out on the third floor of a downtown Salem high-rise. Click Here for our full story, including photos and videos from the scene.
5. Today in History: On Feb. 25, 1933, The USS Ranger was launched. It is the first US Navy ship to be built solely as an aircraft carrier.
For more things going on in Salem today, check out our events calendar.