Five Things to Know: Bundle Up Today
Here are the five things you need to know before you start your day in Salem.
Today is Thursday, Feb. 21, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. You'll want to bundle up before you leave the house today. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be partly sunny, with a high near 33. Tonight should be partly cloudy, with a low around 25. (sunrise, 6:31 a.m.; high tide, 7:43 a.m.; low tide, 2:03 p.m.; sunset, 5:23 p.m.)
2. Looking for an excuse to get out of the house tonight? 43 Church Restaurant on Church Street in Salem will be hosting The Session tonight beginning at 8:30 p.m. The Session is a mix of jazz, fusion, r&b, and lounge all wrapped up into one. Click Here for all the details.
3. The Salem City Council Committee of the Whole will meet this evening in City Council Chambers at City Hall on Washington Street. The meeting is scheduled to begin at 6 p.m., according to the posted agenda.
4. Wondering what properties have been selling in Salem recently? Are you thinking about moving or just wondering how much that house you drive by all the time sold for? Click Here to take a closer look at 10 homes that recently sold in Salem.
5. Today in History: On Feb. 21, 1842, John Greenough was granted the first US patent for the sewing machine.
For more things going on in Salem today, check out our events calendar.