Five Things to Know: 'Shining City' Tonight
Here are the five things you need to know before you start your day in Salem.
Today is Wednesday, Feb. 13, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It should be another pleasant day in Salem. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be sunny, with a high near 42. Tonight should be increasingly cloudy, with a low around 29. (sunrise, 6:42 a.m.; low tide, 7:00 a.m.; high tide, 1:16 p.m.; sunset, 5:13 p.m.)
2. The Salem Theatre Company has announced two additional performances of Conor McPherson’s Shining City to make up for the three they lost over the weekend of The Blizzard of 2013. The final weekend schedule is now Wednesday, Feb. 13 through Saturday, Feb. 16 at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday, Feb. 17 at 3 p.m. Click Here for all the details.
3. If you're one of the Salem residents who haven't cleared their sidewalk of snow yet, the city of Salem wants you to know that failure to do so can result in a $75 fine. Click Here to read a message recently sent out to Salem residents about shoveling.
4. The Salem City Council Committee on Public Healthy Safety and Environment will meet tonight in City Council Chambers at City Hall. The meeting is scheduled to begin at 6:30 p.m., according to the posted agenda.
5. Today in History: On Feb. 13, 1981, a series of sewer explosions destroyed more than two miles of streets in Louisville, Ky.
For more things going on in Salem today, check out our events calendar.