Five Things to Know: No School in Salem Today
Here are the five things you need to know before you start your day in Salem.
Today is Monday, Feb. 11, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. You'll want to be prepared for some wet weather today. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be rainy, with a high near 44. Tonight should be mostly cloudy, with a low around 32. (sunrise, 6:45 a.m.; high tide, 11:41 a.m.; sunset, 5:10 p.m.; low tide, 5:52 p.m.)
2. The Salem Snow Emergency Parking Ban is expected to last through the day today and Salem Public Schools will be closed while local road crews continue to clear out city parking lots. So, if you can avoid it, try to stay off of the roads.
3. While the parking ban in in effect, all downtown municipal lots will be available for snow emergency parking at no charge and the Museum Place and South Harbor parking garages' parking fees will be capped at $5.
4. Members of the Salem Police Department responded to robberies at two different Salem businesses Sunday. The owner of Christina's Pizza called police to report money missing from the cash register and the Salem Pep Boys was robbed by a man who police believe fled the scene in a stolen car. Click Here to read this morning's police log post.
5. Today in History: On Feb. 11, 1943, during World War II, General Dwight Eisenhower was selected to command the allied armies in Europe.
For more things going on in Salem today, check out our events calendar.