Fight Outside Black Lobster Leads to Two Arrests
The following information was submitted by the Salem Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is an excerpt from the Salem Police Department's log:
Friday, Dec. 21:
- At 12:50 a.m., police responded to a report of a fight in Klop Alley. Brendan M. McDonough, 23, of 85 Archer St., Lynn, was arrested on a charge of disorderly conduct. Luis F. Marques, 25, of 127 Canal St., Salem, was arrested on a charge of disorderly conduct. Paul C. McBurney, 23, of 9 Westledge Road, Marblehead, was arrested on a charge of disorderly conduct.
- At 5:50 p.m., police responded to a single-car motor vehicle accident on Highland Avenue. All four occupants of the car, which struck a telephone pole, were taken to the hospital.
- At 6:01 p.m., police stopped a motor vehicle on Derby Street. Logan A. Close, 25, of 110 Eastway Drive, Oxford, N.C., was arrested on a charge of operating a motor vehicle with a revoked license. Vincent W. Luciano, 28, of 65 Newbury St., Danvers, was arrested on charges of possessing a class B substance (Percocet) and possessing a class C substance (Klonopin).
- At 10:18 p.m., police responded to a smoke alarm on Jefferson Avenue. The smoke was reportedly caused by food that was accidentally left on the stove.
Saturday, Dec. 22:
- At 12:31 a.m., police responded to a domestic dispute in the street on Gardner Street.
- At 12:49 a.m., police responded to a loud house party on Pope Street.
- At 12:54 a.m., police responded to a disturbance in the parking lot of the Black Lobster on Bridge Street. Derek M. Gibbs, 21, of 16 Hutchins Court, Gloucester, was arrested on charges of assault with a dangerous weapon (knife), carrying a dangerous weapon (lead pipe), negligent operation of a motor vehicle and possessing an illegal knife. Joseph C. Dasilva, 22, of 710 Sandy Bay, Rockport, was arrested on a charge of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon (shod foot).
- At 1:09 a.m., police responded to a motor vehicle accident on Swampscott Road. A man reportedly lost control of his car and drove into the woods.
- At 2:12 a.m., Salem State University police stopped a motor vehicle on Canal Street. Manuel F. DeJesus, 48, of 24 Mason St., Salem, was arrested on a charge of operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol.
- At 11:22 a.m., police responded to a report of a woman struck by a car on Trader's Way. A woman was transported to Salem Hospital.
- At 1:13 p.m., police located a man on Pope Street. Anthony J. Martin, 26, of the streets of Salem, was arrested for having an outstanding warrant.
- At 1:58 p.m., police located a motor vehicle parked sideways in the only two handicap parking spots outside of Walgreens. Radaisy M. Mejia, 21, of 90 Park St., Lynn, was arrested for having three outstanding warrants. Joel Dilone, 24, of 664 Western Ave., Lynn, was arrested on a charge of operating a motor vehicle with a revoked license.
- At 2:56 p.m., a Carlton Street woman called police to report that two fraudulent transactions occurred in the amount of $201 on her credit card.
- At 3:58 p.m., police responded to the MBTA station on Bridge Street to assist a woman in a broken wheelchair.
If you have a question about this log, please send it to Salem Patch.