Drug Arrest at Salem High School
The following information was provided by the Salem Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is an excerpt from the Salem Police Department's log:
Wednesday, Nov. 7:
- At 4:12 p.m., police responded to a reported break-in at a home on Orchard Street. The homeowner told police that someone entered through the bulkhead, made themselves a meal, stole a black trench coat and made off with a mountain bike valued between $300 and $500.
- At 4:56 p.m., police responded to a motor vehicle accident on Washington Street involving a 2001 Hyundai and a Toyota Camry.
- At 5:15 p.m., police responded to a reported dog attack on Gardner Street. A woman told police a dog on an extendable leash ran her down, bit her and tore her pants.
- At 6:14 p.m., police responded to a minor motor vehicle accident on Washington Street involving a Nissan Maxima and a Lexus IS250.
- At 6:31 p.m., police received word that Salem State University police officers had arrested Christopher Mathieson, 28, of 300 Sumner St., East Boston, on a charge of assault and battery. Mathieson reportedly held his girlfriend against her will and wouldn't let her enter her vehicle.
- At 6:36 p.m., police responded to a motor vehicle accident on Highland Avenue involving a Honda Civic and a Mercedes C300W4.
- At 7:12 p.m., a woman called police to report that her car was broken into while she was at Salem Fitness on Swampscott Road. The woman said her wallet, which contained her license, money and credit cards was stolen.
Thursday, Nov. 8:
- At 3:07 a.m., Jessen W. Reddy, 30, of 18 Marlborough Road, Salem, was arrested on three outstanding warrants following a traffic stop on Porter Street.
- At 9:35 a.m., police responded to a report of stolen tools at Collins Middle School.
- At 9:54 a.m., police received word that a vehicle parked on North Street had two of its tires slashed overnight.
- At 11:14 a.m., police responded to a report of a pedestrian struck by a motor vehicle on Jackson Street. A woman told police she suffered a bruised leg when she was struck while crossing the street.
- At 11:19 a.m., a manager at Starbucks called police to report that a tip jar containing about $100 was stolen from the counter. Police received a description of the suspect but were unable to locate him in the area.
- At 11:33 a.m., police responded to Salem High School. David K. Okeny, 17, of 111 Broadway St., Salem, was arrested on charges of possessing a class D substance (marijuana) with intent to distribute and possessing a class D substance (marijuana) with intent to distribute in a school zone.
- At 1:02 p.m., police arrested Keith W. McClearn, 40, of 268 Lafayette St., Salem, on an outstanding warrant.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to Salem Patch.