Dispute Over Killing Mouse Leads to Salem Arrest
The following information was submitted by the Salem Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is an excerpt from the Salem Police Department's log:
Saturday, Jan. 5:
- At 4:04 p.m., police stopped a motor vehicle at the intersection of Bridge Street and James Ayube Bypass Road. Vincent Lombardi III, 18, of 246 1st St., Pittsfield, was arrested for having an outstanding warrant.
- At 5:10 p.m., police responded to a report of suspicious activity at East India Square.
- At 5:46 p.m., police responded to a reported gas leak on Tedesco Pond Place.
- At 6:29 p.m., police stopped a motor vehicle on Hawthorne Blvd. David A. Perry Jr., 18, of 21 Laurel St., Salem, was arrested on a charge of operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license.
- At 7:33 p.m., police responded to a neighbor dispute on Salem Street.
- At 8:14 p.m., police responded to a report of loud music on Park Street.
- At 8:36 p.m., police responded to a disturbance at Domino's Pizza. Nicholas Nassif was arrested on two counts of assault and battery and two counts of malicious destruction of property valued above $250.
- At 9:24 p.m., a woman called police to report that she couldn't find where she parked her car in the Walmart parking lot. The woman was reportedly gone by the time police arrived.
Sunday, Jan. 6:
- At 1:12 a.m., police responded to a reported domestic dispute on Lafayette Street. Two people told police they were being loud because there was "a mouse running across the room" and they were "arguing over who was going to kill it." Christopher M. Manzi, 40, of 46 Calumet St., Revere, was arrested for having an outstanding warrant.
- At 1:54 a.m., police awoke a man found sleeping in his car next to Target.
- At 3:32 a.m., police stopped a motor vehicle on Congress Street. Jose M. Cepeda, 20, of 145 Summit St., Peabody, was arrested for unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and for having an outstanding warrant.
- At 9:19 a.m., police stopped a motor vehicle on Highland Avenue. Brian A. Trombley, 34, of 30 Lexington St., Lynn, was arrested on a charge of operating an unregistered motor vehicle and operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license.
- At 9:55 a.m., a man called police to report that a light bar was stolen from his plow truck while parked on Bridge Street.
- At 11:55 a.m., police checked on a man on the ground at the intersection of Washington and New Derby streets. The man was reportedly "all set".
- At 12:56 p.m., a woman called police to report that she lost her wallet on Central Street.
- At 1:19 p.m., police responded to a domestic dispute on Boston Street. Ian M. Anderson, 24, of 1000 Loring Ave., Salem, was arrested on charges of domestic assault and breaking and entering during the daytime with intent to commit a misdemeanor.
- At 1:37 p.m., police responded to a report of a drunk man sitting on a bench on Wharf Street. Timothy T. Gay, 47, of the streets of Salem, was arrested for having two outstanding warrants.
- At 3:36 p.m., police located a man on Boston Street. Aja T. Klafner, 28, of 43 Boston St., Salem, was arrested for having an outstanding warrant.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to Salem Patch.