Salem Firefighters Rescue Dog from Canal
The following information was submitted by the Salem Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is an excerpt from the Salem Police Department's log:
Tuesday, Nov. 20:
- At 5:55 p.m., police responded to a motor vehicle accident on North Street involving a Chrysler van and a tow truck.
- At 6:01 p.m., police pulled over a motor vehicle for having defective equipment on Harbor Street. Roger J. Tirado, 22, of 13 Rainbow Terrace, Salem, was arrested for operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license.
- At 7:40 p.m., an anonymous caller called police to report that a man in a newer-model silver van appeared to be chasing two younger teen girls who were running away from him.
- At 7:46 p.m., Jared K. Morrison, 18, of 22 Proctor St., Salem, was arrested for having an outstanding warrant.
- At 8:22 p.m., Derron P. Darcy, 47, of 72 Leach St., Salem was arrested for having an outstanding warrant.
- At 10:14 p.m., police responded to a report of a hit-and-run accident on Lafayette Street. Adrian R. Augustin, 66, of 2013 Encino Cliff, San Antonio, Texas, was arrested on charges of operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol and leaving the scene of an accident with property damage.
Wednesday, Nov. 21:
- At 12:12 a.m., Barry E. Bullock, 54, of 56 Margin St., Salem, was arrested for having an outstanding warrant.
- At 1:21 a.m., police responded to a report of vandalism on Lafayette Street.
- At 7:06 a.m., a man called police to report that his car was damaged while parked on Leach Street overnight.
- At 8:22 a.m., a man called police to report that the 10th, 11th and 17th greens were vandalized overnight at Kernwood Country Club.
- At 10:59 a.m., police responded to a report of a motor vehicle into a telephone pole on Marlborough Road. Andrew Berfield, 26, of 103 Newbury St., Peabody, was arrested on charges of operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of drugs and unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.
- At 11:13 a.m., a Washington Square woman called police to report that her credit card had been stolen.
- At 1:43 p.m., Gary A. Iudice, 23, of 26 Elizabeth Lane, Peabody, was arrested for having an outstanding warrant.
- At 1:54 p.m., police received word that a dog named "Buttons" had gotten off of its leash and dove into the canal off of Commercial Street. Local firefighters were able to retrieve the pup and returned him to his owner.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to Salem Patch.