Caller: Men Taking Scrap Metal from Furlong Park Dumpster
The following information was supplied by the Salem Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The Salem Police responded to the following calls on Sept. 20 and 21.
Tuesday, Sept. 20
- At 4:42 p.m. Tuesday, police said larceny from the loading docks on Congress Street was reported. Footage of a possible suspect was also caught on camera, police said.
- Men going through a dumpster at a construction site taking scrap metal at Furlong Park was reported at 5:38 p.m. Tuesday. Police said they spoke with the construction company, which said anything in the dumpster was junk. The people taking the metal were advised to put it back and come back tomorrow to ask permission before helping themselves.
- Past larceny of a $41.99 bottle of alcohol was reported on Loring Avenue at 5:58 p.m. Tuesday, police said.
- Larceny of a pocketbook on Congress Street was reported at 6:31 p.m. Tuesday.
- Needles on the sidewalk on Loring Avenue was reported at 8:32 p.m. Tuesday.
- Road rage was reported on Derby Street at 8:42 p.m Tuesday.
Also on Tuesday
- Robert L. Everett, 61, of 10 Cherry St. was arrested on charges of domestic assault and battery and assault and battery by a dangerous weapon.
- Noel Rentas-Vasquez, 30, of 38 Palmer St. was arrested on a warrant.
Wednesday, Sept. 21
- A dog or coyote running in the street was reported on Kernwood Street at 6:27 a.m. Wednesday. Police were not able to locate the animal.
- A pit bull attack on Congress Street was reported at 8:23 a.m. Wednesday. A man had two pit bulls on leashes and they got away from him when they saw a boxer on another leash. Police said the boxer had a bite mark on his chest and his paws were bruised.
- At 9:13 p.m. Wednesday, police received a call a man was "trying to slim jim [a] passenger door." Police said all was okay, he was just trying to help another man get into his car.
- At 10:38 a.m. Wednesday, a man said he was punched in the face by a man he didn't know on Jefferson Avenue.
- Police said they received a call about stolen boat oudrives on Planters St. at 1:08 p.m. Wednesday. Police said the cigarette style boat was being kept in a fenched in yard.
- Damage to garage windows were reported on Warren Street at 1:48 p.m. Wednesday.
For questions about this blotter, contact email@example.com.