Armed Robbery Reported on Gardner Street
The following information was submitted by the Salem Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate conviction.
The following is an excerpt from the Salem Police Department's log:
Monday, Nov. 12:
- At 4:06 p.m., police responded to a report of harassment on New Derby Street.
- At 4:29 p.m., a pair of Butler Street residents called police to report that their home had been broken into when they went to the movies Sunday night and cash and items were missing.
- At 5:17 p.m., a Harbor Street resident called police to report that there was someone in the basement that did not belong.
- At 5:19 p.m., an Emerald Avenue resident called police to report that they had been bitten on the calf by a small black dog.
- At 5:29 p.m., Jonathan Scot Silveira, 28, of 25 Aborn St., Peabody, was arrested on Flint Street for having an outstanding warrant.
- At 5:49 p.m., police responded to a report of a fight a the skate park on Mansell Parkway.
- At 8:31 p.m., a North Street resident called police to report that he and his girlfriend witnessed several men in a red vehicle passing around a rifle and loading it. The information was sent out to other officers but police were unable to locate the vehicle.
- At 8:46 p.m.,police responded to a report of a passenger in a white motor vehicle on Memorial Drive with a knife. Police were unable to locate any vehicles matching the description.
Tuesday, Nov. 13:
- At 1:46 a.m., police responded to a report of a tree on fire on Broad Street. Local firefighters arrived shortly after and extinguished "a small amount of flames."
- At 3:33 a.m., police responded to a motor vehicle accident on Boston Street. Lindsey Weiss, 24, of 113 Wapiti Loop, Hyrum, Utah, was arrested on charges of operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol, negligent operation of a motor vehicle and illegal possession of a class C substance (Diazepam).
- At 8:25 a.m., a Summer Street woman called police to report that someone stole a couch valued at $100 off of her front lawn. The woman said she had recently sold the couch on Craigslist but someone else came by and took it.
- At 9:55 a.m., police responded to a report of a robbery on Gardner Street. Shannon L. O'Hare, 31, of 37 Pike St., Salisbury, was arrested on an outstanding warrant, and on charges of armed robbery and assault and battery with a dangerous weapon (bat).
- At 10:32 a.m., police responded to a motor vehicle accident at the intersection of Congress and Leavitt streets. The driver reportedly told police that he spilled hot coffee on his lap and he ended up crashing into a brick wall as a result.
- At 11:49 a.m., a Washington Street business owner called police to report that someone entered his business and took $100 cash from the cash register. The man said he believed it was an ex-employee who still had access to a key to the front door. The man was advised to change his locks.
- At 12:01 p.m., police received word that a vacant home had been broken into on Fort Avenue.
- At 12:10 p.m., a Meadow Street man called police to complain about neighbors who have been throwing bottles onto his property.
- At 3:14 p.m., a hypodermic needle was discovered on the sidewalk on Loring Avenue. The needle was reportedly taken to the police station and disposed of.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to Salem Patch.