A Tasty Gift Basket for the Tough One on Your List
Follow me as I shop my way through Salem in search of gifts for everyone on my list.
This week, I had the pleasure of shopping for the toughest gift on my list — a gift for my dad.
My father is one of those people that, when asked what he would like for Christmas, says he would like "everyone to be nice to each other, happy and healthy."
Great, short of solving world peace and placing everyone in a bubble, I'm not really sure how I can accomplish that before Dec. 25.
So, it was off to find him a gift. He's not a fan of "stuff," unless it is a handmade item from our elementary school art class. But he sure does love to eat. I thought a healthy and tasty gourmet snack basket could be just the thing. I headed over to Milk and Honey Green Grocers and put together one heck of a treat.
Here is a list of what I added to his basket:
- Gerb's Sea Salt Sunflower Seeds
- Eden Wasabi Chips (My dad loves spicy)
- Flamous Organics Falafel Chips
- Effie's Homemade Oatcakes (Made in Hyde Park, MA)
- 1 lb. of Oriental Rice Cracker Mix
- 1lb. of assorted dried fruit
- Garden of Eatin' Sesame Blues Tortilla Chips
- The Ginger People Ginger Spread
- A green tea and a black loose leaf tea from their giant selection
If you are interested in creating your own gift basket, think of adding in a bottle of wine or two from Salem Wine Imports or Pamplemousse. Coven also has a great selection of tasty treats perfect for a snack basket.
Have fun, and get creative!