5 Things You Need to Know Today: Nov. 20
Here are the five things you need to know before you start your day in Salem.
Today is Tuesday, Nov. 20, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It should be a pleasant fall day in Salem. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be partly sunny, with a high near 49. Tonight should be mostly cloudy, with a low around 37. (sunrise, 6:41 a.m.; low tide, 10:00 a.m.; sunset, 4:16 p.m.; high tide, 4:21 p.m.)
2. We asked, you answered and we received some great entries to our Salem Patch Facebook page cover photo contest. Voting opens today, so, Click Here, scroll through our photos, pick your choice to win and tell us which in the comments section by indicating the picture number.
3. Salem's Park and Recreation Commission will meet tonight on Broad Street. The meeting is scheduled to begin at 6:45 p.m. and will be the first for the commission's newly elected Parks Director, Karen Partanean.
4. Love local food news? The focus of this week's You Ask...Patch Answers column is the estimated opening date of Opus - a new restaurant opening in the space formerly occupied by the Green Land Cafe on Washington Street. Click Here for all the details.
5. Today in History: On Nov. 20, 1789, New Jersey became the first US state to ratify the Bill of Rights.
For more things going on in Salem today, check out our events calendar.