5 Things You Need to Know Today: Nov. 12
Here are the five things you need to know before you start your day in Salem.
Today is Monday, Nov. 12, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It should be a beautiful day in Salem. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be sunny, with a high near 64. Tonight should be mostly cloudy, with a low around 52. (sunrise, 6:31 a.m.; high tide, 9:02 a.m.; low tide, 3:23 p.m.; sunset, 4:23 p.m.)
2. Looking for a feel-good Veterans Day story? Samantha and Paul Schuesler of Salem, joined veterans, service members and families of the fallen for the Patriots game against the Buffalo Bills at Gillette Stadium Sunday. Click Here for our full story.
3. Wondering what you can expect to be open and closed in Salem today? Click Here for a handy list of businesses and city offices that will be closed in observance of Veterans Day 2012.
4. It was a busy weekend for the Salem Police Department. Click Here for a look back at the weekend police log, which included an arrest for crack-cocaine possession with intent to distribute near the Salem Academy Charter School and an OUI arrest on Lafayette Street.
5. Today in History: On Nov. 12, 2003, the Shanghai Transrapid set a new world speed record, 311 mph, for commercial railway systems.
For more things going on in Salem today, check out our events calendar.