5 Things You Need to Know Today: Nov. 1
Here are the five things you need to know before you start your day in Salem.
Today is Thursday, Nov. 1, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It should be a beautiful fall day in Salem. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be mostly cloudy, with a high near 57. Tonight should be cloudy, with a low around 44. (sunrise,7:17 a.m.; low tide, 7:09 a.m.; high tide, 1:22 p.m.; sunset, 5:35 p.m.)
2. Halloween in Salem may now be over - but that doesn't mean you can't share your photos of the celebration with our readers. We've already received these excellent pictures from area residents who were out and about in Salem last night. Click Here to share your photos.
3. We asked, you answered and we received dozens of entries to our Pet Halloween Costume Contest. That left us with a tall task - having to choose the finalists so you can vote for your favorite! Our editors spent hours going through all the entries and selected their 10 favorites. Click Here to vote for your favorite.
4. Don't forget - Be sure to enter our Halloween contest here. Check out the photo of the prize-winning gift basket attached to the contest article now and get your pictures in before we close the contest at 12 p.m.
5. Today in History: On Nov. 1, 1946, The New York Knicks played against the Toronto Huskies at the Maple Leaf Gardens in the first Basketball Association of America game.
For more things going on in Salem today, check out our events calendar.