5 Things You Need to Know Today: March 16
Our daily digest of facts to keep you in-the-know on everything Salem.
- Rep. John Keenan is holding his annual St. Patrick's Day Breakfast at Finz this morning. This year, there will be a special toast to Sen. Fred Berry. Berry will not be seeking reelection for his seat in November.
- Bellydancing to help pets? You heard us correctly. On March 24, there will a belly dancing fundraising event in Beverly to help pets like those at Northeast Animal Shelter. Be sure to mark your calendar.
- We heard there was a sighting of Freddy, the missing indoor cat in North Salem early Thursday. Reader Michele Allen said Freddy was spotted in his own backyard, but then ran across the street. For more on Freddy and how to get in touch with his owner, click here. Remember, if you have a lost pet, let us know, and we would be more than happy to spread the word.
- Thanks Bob Broderick for keeping us in the know on the Salem music scene. Check out Bob's latest picks here.
- A group of teens from the Salem Y led by teen director Charity Lezema will be will be headed down to New Orleans during April vacation to work on the rebuilding of homes with St. Bernard and Common Ground Relief. Talk about doing good!