Welcome to 5 Things You Need to Know Today, your place for useful facts. We'll provide this early morning digest each weekday to keep Salemites and Salem Patch users in-the-know.
- We had a great time getting to know Pauline and Rafael Bautista, our finalists in the Deck the House contest. Take a look at their house, inside and out here, and don't forget to vote each day to support their efforts to help Salem Public Schools.
- We've spotted a few Christmas trees on the side of the road, and we're getting excited for the bonfire on Dead Horse Beach Friday night at 6:30 p.m. Be sure to put your tree on the curb now or bring it to the beach.
- It definitely got chilly last night. Today, the National Weather Service is predicting increasing clouds with a high near 25 degrees. Wednesday night, temperatures will probably drop to around 21 degrees.
- Two days of stakeholder meetings to discuss the state of our schools will begin this evening at the Bentley School. Be sure to get there by 5:30 p.m. to catch up on the status and plans for the district turnaround.
- Just a reminder — due to renovations at the Collins Middle School, all School Committee meetings will be held at City Hall until further notice.