5 Things You Need to Know Today: Feb. 24
Our daily digest of facts to keep you in-the-know on everything Salem.
Welcome to 5 Things You Need to Know Today, your place for useful facts. We'll provide this early morning digest each weekday to keep Salemites and Salem Patch users in-the-know.
- If you're interested in hearing an update on the schools turnaround, be sure to mark your calendar for Feb. 29 at 6 p.m. for a meeting at Salem High School.
- Congratulations Bridget Ayers. The Huffington Post chose her story as a feature in their Greatest Person section. We'll be featuring her story again today.
- Salem has been recognized for its dedication to health. Yesterday, the city was one of three communities out of 130 in the Massachusetts Interlocal Insurance Association (the city's health insurance provider), to receive a "Best in Wellness Award." Check out a photo attached to this article to see Mayor Driscoll showcasing the award.
- We're excited to learn more about a brand new business at North and Essex streets. The Tiny Tub is a holistic dog grooming salon. We'll be following up with this business and sharing what we find in an upcoming business profile.
- Yesterday, Contributor Stewart Lytle took on the issue of technology and city government. Do you think the city should govern with iPads? Let us know here.