5 Things (And Fresh Veggies) Dec. 6
Here are the five things you need to know before you start your day in Salem.
Today is Thursday, Dec. 6, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It will be noticeably colder in Salem today. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be sunny, with a high near 38. Tonight should b partly cloudy, with a low around 31. (sunrise, 6:59 a.m.; low tide, 10:15 a.m.; sunset, 4:10 p.m.; high tide, 4:25 p.m.)
2. If you haven't heard, area residents are digging deep to save Salem Cinema. The local movie house has a little more than a month to raise the $60,000 needed to convert to a digital projection system. Click Here for all the details.
3. The Salem City Council will convene in their chambers at City Hall tonight. The meeting, scheduled to begin at 7 p.m., is expected to feature a discussion regarding the future makeup of the council. Click Here for a look at the posted agenda.
4. The Salem Farmers' Market will be held at Derby Square on Front Street this afternoon. The market will be open from 3 to 6 p.m., so, if you're free, consider stopping by for some fresh fruits and vegetables. Click Here to view their webpage.
5. Today in History: On Dec. 6, 1884, The Washington Monument in Washington D.C., was completed.
For more things going on in Salem today, check out our events calendar.