5 Things (And the Final Winter Market) Dec. 20
Here are the five things you need to know before you start your day in Salem.
Today is Thursday, Dec. 20, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It should be another pleasant day in Salem. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be mostly sunny, with a high near 42. Tonight should be mostly cloudy, with a low around 39. (sunrise, 7:09 a.m.; low tide, 10:35 a.m.; sunset, 4:13 p.m.; high tide, 4:53 p.m.)
2. The last Winter Farmers' Market of the season will be held this afternoon at Old Town Hall on New Derby Street. The market will run from 3 to 6 p.m. Click Here for a closer look at some of the items that local merchants had for sale at last week's market.
3. The Salem Planning Board will meet tonight at City Hall. The meeting, scheduled to begin at 7 p.m., is expected to feature a discussion regarding a proposed five-lot development on Thorndike Street, according to the posted agenda.
4. Salem High School's swim team will host the Marblehead Magicians tonight at Salem State University's O'Keefe Center. The meet is scheduled to begin at 7 p.m., so consider stopping by to cheer them on!
5. Today in History: On Dec. 20, 1606, The Virginia Company loaded three ships with settlers and set sail to establish Jamestown, Va., the first permanent English settlement in the Americas.
For more things going on in Salem today, check out our events calendar.