5 Things to Start the Day: Memorial Day
Here are some tidbits from about town.
- It's Memorial Day. Be sure to catch a ceremony at Greenlawn Cemetery beginning at 11 a.m.
- Speaking of the ceremony, there will also be a parade, which will take off from Commerical Street at approximately 10:45 a.m. Last year, the parade got started a little early, so getting there at 10:30 a.m. is probably your safest bet.
- Be sure to check out our newest local voice, Beth O'Grady. She might be "just a small girl living in a medium city with big dreams," but she's got some interesting stuff to say. Check her out here.
- If you're wondering what's open and what's closed today, click here. If you're a business owner and you're open or closed at your own discretion, feel free to leave a comment on the article to let customers know if you're open or closed today.
- Coffee Time Bakery has added a new cool drink called "Dr. Smoothie" to its lineup. The smoothie has no added sugar. Sounds like a tasty way to chill out on a hot day.