5 Things to Start the Day: May 11
Here are some tidbits from about town to start the day.
- Mcdonald's on Canal Street will be extending its drive-thru hours until 2 a.m. The city voted to give the extended hours a six-month trial during its meeting last night.
- World-renowned artist Kenny Scharf will be painting a mural at the Museum Place parking garage on Monday. Mike Lash is helping organize the event, and he needs some catering advice. Scharf loves donuts, and Mike wants to know if he should get them from Ziggy's, Coffee Time, Dunks or some other Salem store. Have any opinions? Let us know.
- We've been loving some of the vintage photos posted on the Salem State Alumni Association Facebook page. Check them out here.
- RoOst's 2nd Annual Gimme Shelter Birdhourse Auction to benefit the Northeast Animal Shelter is underway. Check it out on Facebook here.
- Thanks to Tom Stirling for contributing the awesome photo attached to this article. Tom added it in our pics and clips section. If you enjoy photography and sharing your work with the community, be sure to bookmark the page.