5 Things to Start the Day: April 4
Some tidbits to start the day.
- If you are a business and you have any Easter events or specials you'd like us to know about, let us know now. We'll be running a roundup of Easter events at noon.
- It looks like Salem will be adding quite a few new businesses in the coming weeks and months, including a barber shop on North Street, an organic cafe in Coven's old spot and some boutique options on Pickering Wharf. Keep an eye out for stories on these businesses in the weeks to come.
- Congrats to Shady Oaks Organics. The guys who brought us awesome mushrooms during the Winter Farmers Market (and, fingers crossed, will be back this summer), are finalists in the 2012 North of Boston Business Plan Competition. We're rooting for you.
- Mayor Kim Driscoll recently visited with some of her youngest constituents at Salem Kindercare. Take a peek at a shot from her visit attached to this article.
- Congratulations to Paranormal Salem, the business recently won about.com's Reader's Choice Award for Best New England Attraction, Activity or Tour.