5 Things to Start the Day: April 30
Here are five things from about town.
- We hope everyone had a great time at the opening day for Little League. If you have any photos you would like to submit, be sure to add them to our pics and clips section.
- Mark your calendar now to celebrate Salem's Polish history. On May 3 at 11 a.m. at Riley Plaza, the Polish flag will be raised for the anniversary of the Polish Constitution of 1791.
- In case you missed it, National Grid has temporarily postponed plans to install two electrical lines under downtown Salem. Check out the announcement here.
- Congratulations to Jacquelynn Palazola of Salem State University. She is one of the state's "29 Who Shine," an honor bestowed upon graduates for their excellence in education and civic achievements. “These exceptional students have earned the respect and admiration of the whole Commonwealth," said Governor Deval Patrick in a press release. "I look forward to seeing all the ways they will contribute to a better Massachusetts."
- Just a reminder — street sweeping continues this week. Find today's schedule here.