5 Things to Start the Day: April 17
Here are some tidbits to start the day in Salem.
- A Salem Patch reader showed us some damage/vandalism he noticed to the Salem Common fence via twitter. Check out the photo from Twitter user @RLallier attached to this article. Mayor Driscoll responded to @RLallier's concerns about the fence via Twitter: "Thanx. Unfortunate, hopefully we can catch the culprit.We r repairing/replacing sections of fence this yr."
- Thanks to the Salem Democratic Club for the following update on people elected to the Democratic City Committee at a reorganizational meeting, which took place on Saturday, April 14. City Committee: Chair – Darek Barcikowski; Vice Chair – Sally Hayes; Secretary – Marsha Finkelstein; Treasurer – Joanne Mizioch. Ward Chairs: Ward 1 – Kathleen Winn; Ward 2 – Doug Sabin; Ward 3 – Michelle Knox; Ward 4 – David Shea; Ward 5 – Josh Turiel; Ward 6 – Sally Hayes; Ward 7 – Neil Harrington.
- Have you heard of 3 Potato 4 yet? If not, check it out here.
- Reminder: Street sweeping is just around the corner. Check out the schedule here.
- Be sure to support your favorite French fries in Salem in our latest Best Of poll. Cast your vote here.