5 Things to Start the Day
Here are some tidbits from about town.
- We hear Cafe Valverde is back open. Welcome back!
- Congressman Tierney will be chatting with our readers on Friday. Be sure to get your questions ready and read all the details on the chat here.
- If you're in North Salem, you may have received a call from the Salem Police Department yesterday. There have been a lot of car break-ins in the area, and residents are reminded to lock car doors at night. All break-ins have been to cars left unlocked.
- Howling Wolf has been getting quite the press lately. Channel 5's Chronicle will be filming at the restaurant from noon to 2 p.m. today. Speaking of the Wolf, check out their recent Phantom Gourmet piece on YouTube here.
- Every Occasion Boutique, located at 96 Wharf St. will celebrate its opening with a ribbon cutting with the mayor today at 2 p.m. There will also be a 10 percent off special for single items.