5 Things To Do This Weekend
Here are some suggestions to round out your weekend plans
Complete your weekend plans with one or more of these activities. Your suggestions are welcome in the comments section below.
- Run a Mile on Derby Street — Test yourself in the seventh edition of the Derby Street Mile Road Race. The start is at the Salem Willows. This event is part of the Salem Race Series and is organized by Salem Park, Recreation, and Community Services in partnership with the Wicked Running Club. Start time is 7 p.m. with a family run beginning at 7:15 p.m. More info can be found here.
- Shop For Treasure — Check out the wares at the yard sale at 21 Buffum St. Multiple families are offering forgotten relics beginning at 8 a.m.
- Experience The Magic — At the Griffen Theatre, 7 Lynde St. Evan Northup will blend magic and storytelling in a matinee performance at 2 p.m. $15 for adults; $10 for students and seniors.
- Throttle Down At The Pig — Local resident Tom Uellner will play bass for the band Throttle Down as they play some classic rock at In A Pig's Eye. The music starts at 9:00 p.m.
- Support The Lions Club — Join the Lions Club for their tropical themed cruise at Mahi Mahi Cruises & Charters. There will be food, a cash bar, and a 50/50 drawing. The cruise departs at 6:30 p.m. sharp and returns at 9:30 p.m. Price is $30.