5 Things (and Milo Ventimiglia) to Start the Day: Aug. 6
Here are some tidbits from about town.
- Bernard's Jewelers is celebrating its roots with a Founders Day celebration and sale this week. Learn more here.
- We've got some great new additions to our Local Voices section today. Be sure to check out the latest post, including one from a Salemite celebrating Ramadan. To start blogging, simply click the green pencil icon below our top four stories. We would love to have you!
- Word on the street is actor Milo Ventimiglia has been spotted around Salem. Swampscott Patch had a photo of the actor in their Grown Ups 2 coverage (we've attached the photo to this article), so we assume he was in town for the movie.
- Salem's Best Pizza Competition is tonight. It's been canceled due to rain in past years, so we're hoping the weather holds out. What's your favorite pizza in the city? Tell us in the comments.
- The Salem Fire Department shared the following on their Facebook Page yesterday: "August 5, 2012. We apologize for the late entry but today we remember Firefighter Peter J. Norton. Peter died in the Line of Duty while battling a structure fire on this day in 1963. The site of the fire, located on Tremont St. near School St., was renamed Norton Terrace and is Box: 653." Thanks for the reminder, SFD.