5 Things (And Another Armed Robbery): Dec. 4
Here are the five things you need to know before you start your day in Salem.
Today is Tuesday, Dec. 4, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It will be another unseasonably warm day in Salem. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be partly sunny, with a high near 52. Tonight should be cloudy, with a low around 50. (sunrise, 6:57 a.m.; low tide, 8:33 a.m.; high tide, 2:44 p.m.; sunset, 4:10 p.m.)
2. Salem Police officers are searching the city for two men who allegedly robbed an apartment on Prince Street while armed with handguns Monday night. That's Salem's third armed robbery in less than a month. Click Here for our full story.
3. Wonder what the deal with those spinning things atop the South Harbor Parking Garage? We've got some answers for you. Click Here for video coverage of Mayor Kim Driscoll's tour of the turbines Monday morning.
4. Salem police officers reportedly captured and released a pair of bats found on the third floor of a home on Carpenter Street Sunday night. Click Here for this morning's edition of the Salem Police Department's log.
5. Today in History: On Dec. 4, 1875, notorious New York City politician Boss Tweed escaped from prison and fled to Spain.
For more things going on in Salem today, check out our events calendar.