Let's Celebrate! 17th Annual Auction to benefit Salem Public Schools
Please join the Salem Education Foundation as we celebrate our students, teachers, principals, administrators and others who work hard on a daily basis to improve our schools. We plan to rock the house with School Committee Member Nate Bryant as our Emcee and local celebrity actor Erik Rodenhiser as our Auctioneer.
What: The ONLY benefit for the Salem Public Schools
When: Thursday, April 5th 6pm
Where: Hawthorne Hotel, Salem , MA
This event is free & open to the public; families welcome.
Passed hors d’oeuvres and cash bar.
The Salem Education Foundation believes that sustained community involvement in public education is an essential ingredient of a successful school district. We are grateful for the many people who have joined us in our efforts over the years, and we invite our community to continue to get involved in supporting public education.
Did you know?
- SEF has been supporting & advocating for public education in Salem for 17 years, funding nearly $500K to our schools.
- The 1st SEF Auction in 1995 was the first of its kind in Salem – held live on SATV, WGBH-style, and netted over $9K for the schools.
- SEF is the sole vehicle for private investment in public education in Salem.
- In 2011-12 alone SEF has hosted nearly 30 community meetings about public education.
- SEF welcomes new volunteers to assist in our fundraising and advocacy efforts.
- SEF provides grants to teachers, schools and the district in 3 areas: 1)curriculum enhancements across all subjects; 2) leadership development support for principals so that they have the training and tools to lead our schools; and 3) programs that help teachers use student assessment data to better inform their teaching.
- SEF has set a goal of raising $100K this spring in the Making the Grade: Salem Education Turnaround Campaign to jumpstart turnaround in SPS
EDUCATION MATTERS. CHANGE THE FUTURE.